Canvas shoe is comfortable to wear. It is available in many designs too. You’ll have more options to match with your style. However, after you wear it and it got a stain on it, you will face a problem. It’s difficult to clean it. But, you don’t need to worry. If you know how to do it, you will find out that clean canvas shoes are easy to do. Here, we will show you how.
What You Need to Clean Canvas Shoes
- Warm water,
- Mild laundry detergent,
- Magic Eraser.
How You Do the Cleaning Process on Canvas Shoes
- Remove the laces. You can clean the laces by washing it in the washing machine. Just make sure, you use the mesh bag, so the laces won’t be tangled each other. Or, you also can replace the laces with the new one, if you think the old one is damaged.
- Next, you need to clean the dirt from your canvas shoes. You can use a toothbrush to do this, as it will reach the difficult part of the shoes. Once you finished, your shoes are ready for the next cleaning process.
- Now, prepare a bucket of warm water. Then, add a tablespoon of mild laundry detergent. If you think that’s not enough, you can add another tablespoon. Mix it well.
- Dip the brush into the detergent mix. Then, use the brush on your shoes. Make sure you clean it thoroughly. You also can rinse the shoes, so all the dirt is cleaned away. However, make sure you don’t soak the shoes with the water or even dip it.
- Use the magic eraser on the soles or other parts that are made of non-fabric material. It will be able to clean the stain completely.
- Rinse your shoes with clean water to remove the soapy water.
- Last steps, let your shoes dry. When you dry it, make sure you make a paper ball from newspaper and fill the inside of the shoes with it, so it can keep its shape.
You can use the cleaning methods after you wear your canvas shoes. Please make sure that you don’t do it too often because it can make the pattern or design on the fabric part fading. For daily clean, you can wipe or brush your shoes. That will be enough to remove all dirt that can cause the stain on the fabric part.