Car fabric upholstery is an important part of your car. Without it, you won’t feel comfortable when you sit inside your car, whether you drive it or ride it as a passenger. Therefore, when it got a stain or you spill something on it, it will only ruin its main function, which is providing a comfortable ride. So, the solution is you must clean it. Here, we have the guide to clean your car fabric upholstery.
You Need to Prepare
- Dishwashing liquid + water (1:1) for cleaning mixture
- Clean cloth
- Warm water
- Spray bottle
- Soft brush
- Microfiber cloth
- Vacuum cleaner
How to Clean Car Upholstery Made of Fabric Easily
- First of all, you need to make the cleaning mixture. Just mix 1 part of water and 1 part of dishwashing liquid. Put it inside the spray bottle and shake it until it’s really mixed.
- Next, you need to prepare the car upholstery. Use the vacuum cleaner to remove the dirt and small debris. This will make the cleaning process later become much easier to do.
- Now, use the toothbrush to remove the dirt from the seam and the difficult part that the vacuum can’t reach. The seam is the important part you need to clean. Mostly, people miss this part, because it’s difficult to see. The dirt that stays in this area will cause a problem later, such as mold and such.
- Once you clean the car upholstery with vacuum cleaner and toothbrush, you can use the cleaning mixture that you’ve just made. Spray it on the area that you want to clean. If you want to clean all of the areas, make sure you make enough mixture.
- When you spray the mixture, keep it from the upholstery with 6 to 8 inches distance. This will make the mixture is applied evenly on the area that you want to clean.
- Use the soft brush to clean the sprayed area. Repeat it until you think it’s clean.
- Then, use the warm water to rinse the mixture. Wipe it using the clean cloth.
- Dry it with the microfiber cloth. Make sure there is no moisture or liquid remains.
The methods above are easy to do. Plus, you also can save more money for buying the commercial car upholstery cleaning product. However, if you think that your car upholstery is too severe to clean by yourself, do not hesitate to take it to the expert. This method is only for the car upholstery that has a stain that easy to clean. Plus, you also can use them for routine cleaning treatment.