The best way to start your day is by drinking a cup of coffee. You make it fresh in a coffee pot or coffee maker and then drink it. But, coffee can leave a strong scent, so it can make a stain on your coffee pot. Plus, if you keep the coffee for too long in it, it also becomes a place for bacteria to live. Therefore, you need to clean it regularly. Here how you do it.
What You Need to Clean Coffee Pot
• Warm water,
• Mild detergent,
• Soft and clean cloth
How You Do the Cleaning Process on Coffee Pot
- First, you need to remove the leftover coffee from your coffee pot. Once it’s empty, you can start to clean it.
- Mix warm water and mild detergent or non-citrus dish soap.
- Dip the soft cloth into the soapy mixture. Then, use the soft cloth to wipe the entire surface of your coffee pot. Do not use the scrubber, because it can scratch and damage the glass or the stainless steel part.
- Rinse it with clean water until all the soap is removed.
There is also a coffee pot product that you can clean using the dishwasher machine. If you have this kind of coffee pot, here is how you clean it :
- Put the empty coffee pot upside down in your dishwasher machine.
- Use mild detergent.
- Then, wash the coffee pot using the normal cycle. Just make sure, you don’t wash the lid using this method, because it can damage its component.
If you find that your coffee pot has a stain, you can use vinegar to remove that annoying stain. Here is how you do that:
- Empty your coffee pot and make sure there is no leftover coffee liquid. You only can leave the stain that is difficult to clean.
- Pour the vinegar into the coffee pot and make sure it submerges the stain.
- Wait for three to four hours.
- Then, use the first method above to clean your coffee pot.
You need to clean your coffee pot regularly between usages. That way you can prevent any stain to form because you leave the coffee liquid too long inside. By cleaning it regularly like that, you also can make your pot last longer without changing it too often. Moreover, it also can keep it healthy to use. It won’t become the place where bacteria live. So, you can use it to enjoy morning coffee safely.