Glass pipe has design and art in it, which makes it, has higher value. It’s beautiful, if we have to say it in simplest way. However, if you use it regularly and too often, it will become clogged up with dirt and other leftover substance. We bet you don’t want to use it again in this condition. This article will help you to clean it and get back its beauty like it used to be.
How to Clean Glass Pipe and Make It Beautiful Again
What You Need To Prepare
- Pipe cleaner or cotton swab,
- Re-sealable plastic bag,
- Rubbing alcohol (90% isopropyl),
- 1 tablespoon of salt,
- Hot water,
- Warm water,
- Lemon juice,
- Clean cloth for drying the glass pipe.
How to Clean
- First of all, clean the resin, stain and other substance that clogged the glass pipe with pipe cleaner or cotton swab. Make sure you clean all the cleanable stain inside the glass pipe hole,
- Put the rubbing alcohol and salt into plastic bag, and seal it. Shake it until it’s mixed.
- Open the plastic bag seal, and put the glass pipe that you have cleaned before into the plastic and dip it in the mixture of alcohol and salt. Seal the bag.
- Shake it so the mixture will cover and clean all the glass pipe parts. Make sure the salt also enter the inside of glass pipe. The salt and alcohol will be able to remove the resin and other substance that you can’t clean with cotton swab or pipe cleaner.
- Shake it for 1 to 2 minutes. Then, let the glass pipe soak in the mixture for several hours. It would be better, if you keep it overnight. And, in the morning, you can do the shaking process one more time.
- Wash the glass pipe with hot water. Make sure you remove all the leftover salt and alcohol.
- Rinse it with water and clean it with cloth.
- Let it dry, and you get your glass pipe back into its initial beauty.
Things You Must Remember
When you remove the mixture, make sure you discard it into the toilet. If you discard it to your sink, it will produce strong scents, which isn’t good. It will give you problem when you use your sink to wash your cooking ingredients. You also need to be careful when you shake the plastic bag. Make sure you don’t make the glass pipe inside bumped into hard surface, otherwise it will damage and broken the pipe.