Granite countertops are the manifestation of the elegance in your kitchen. The material pattern is different than other. It looks artsy. Moreover, the surface usually is finished by a special layer, which make it easier to use for cooking or processing the ingredients. Unfortunately, this activity also can make this beautiful countertop get some stain. If that happens, you don’t need to worry. Below, we have the way to clean your granite countertops.
How to Clean Granite Countertops Everyday from Any Stains
- Warm clean water
- Mild dish detergent
- Rubbing alcohol
- Clean white cloth
- Microfiber cloth
- Cleaning soap
- Firstly, you need to prepare your granite countertop. Make the cleaning mixture first, by using warm water and cleaning soap.
- Soak clean cloth into the cleaning mixture, then use it to wipe the granite countertop. Make sure you remove the debris and crumbs with this method.
- Next, create the stain cleaning mixture. You can do it by mixing the mild dish detergent (3) and rubbing alcohol (1), then add it into a bucket of warm clean water. Make sure you well mix it then let it cool.
- Add some cleaning soap in the stain cleaning mixture. Mix it well. The alcohol has a similar pH level like water, which is 7.0. Therefore if you mix it well, the soap will also mixed in this mixture much easier.
- Prepare white cloth for the next cleaning steps. The white cleaning cloth is a must because it has less colored fabric, which will be difficult to notice, if the fabric left behind on the countertop after you use it to clean the countertop. With white fiber, you can easily notice it and then pick it up to clean it.
- Now, use the clean white cloth and dip it into the stain cleaning mixture. Make sure you squeeze the excess mixture to let it quite damp.
- Wipe the entire surface of granite countertops with that clean white cloth. Do not miss any inches!
- Use the microfiber cloth to dry the countertops.
Avoid the cleaner that has ammonia inside. Or, if you find the method to create cleaning mixture using vinegar or lemon, do not use them. The acid in those ingredients is bad for your granite surface. Granite is very durable. However, with the acidic formula like that, there is a chance that the mixture will damage the surface. It will make the countertops get some damage and ruin its appearance.