The suede and leather couch are a beautiful and expensive product. However, for limited budgeter, microfiber couch can become the best substitute. This is the synthetic material that has a similar appearance like suede. Now, when your microfiber couch got dirty or there is a stain on it, it will be difficult to clean, if you don’t know how to do that. Therefore, we have the guide below, to help you to clean your microfiber couch.
What You Need
• Microfiber cleaner – it depends on the type of microfiber material of your couch. You can only use the allowed cleaning solution that we mentioned below:
1. “W” type – water-based cleaner,
2. “S” type – solvent-based cleaner,
3. “S-W” type – solvent-based or water-based cleaner (you can use any of those two),
4. “X” type – vacuum only cleaning method (you can’t use any types of cleaning solution).
• Rubbing alcohol,
• Spray bottle,
• Clean cloth,
• Soft scrub brush.
How to Clean Your Microfiber Coach
- Once you know what type of your microfiber and the cleaner you can use, you can use the cleaner or cleaning method on the coach. Apply the cleaner or cleaning method onto the area that you want to clean.
- If you can’t remove the stain using the cleaner, you can use the rubbing alcohol.
- Pour rubbing alcohol into the spray bottle, and spray it on the area you want to clean.
- Use a clean cloth to gently wipe the stain. It will remove the stain completely.
- After you clean the stain, let it dry. Just make sure you put the microfiber couch under the cool place. Do not place it directly under the sunlight.
After you clean the area with the cleaner and rubbing alcohol, the fabric will feel stiff. To solve this problem, you can use the soft scrub brush. This will make the fabric soft again and it feels more comfortable. When you do this step, make sure you do it gently. Otherwise, it will damage the microfiber material.
Most people think that microfiber couch is very durable and stain-proof. That’s not true, actually. If you spill some beer, wine, or others, it will leave the stain. If you have a dog, your dog also can leave some stain on top of the coach. Therefore, it’s important to know how to clean the coach in simple and safest way. So, whenever you have a problem or you want to clean it regularly, you know how to do it.